Creative Coaching Therapies
'Connect your heart, master your mind and transform your life'
Thank you for taking the time to browse my website. Here is a little gift with information on my favourite area's of interest, recommendations to compliment my services and so much more. Enjoy the learning journey of the creative coaching way!!!
The importance of SLEEP for sports performance
October 01, 2017
SLEEP AND PERFORMANCE
Can you imagine having a secret weapon that enhances performance from an activity that is free and you do every single day? Let me tell you about your ZZZ's being your greatest ally!
DID YOU KNOW?
A great nights sleep plays a major role in how athletes perform and compete. It's not just about the physical conditioning and conscious eating or about the amount of sleep, but also the quality and REM (rapid eye movement) which provides the energy to both the brain and body.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
A great nights sleep has the most incredible benefits in how we perform (and its not just in sport, it effects our work, education, relationships) here are the exciting areas on how sleep can impact our performance:
HERE'S THE SCIENCE BIT......
TOP TIPS FOR A GREAT NIGHTS SLEEP!!
Getting a good night's SLEEP is not just about hitting the pillow to awake to a new day, it is one of the key secret weapons to a great performance!!!
Watch out for my series of top tips to enhance your performance!!!
The SLIM THINKING FORMULA - Mindful Eating
June 25, 2017
How is it that food and eating have become such a common source of unhappiness?
The Slim Thinking Formula introduces one of the key elements to the programme and by finding the balance between your mind and body are fundamental steps to getting the body your deserve. Mindfully eating will allow you to eat what you want and enjoy the process without feelings of guilt by following these simple rules:-
· Check In - Before you start eating check how hungry are you? Are you eating through hunger or for another reason such as time of day, feelings of boredom, upset anger? Do you really want to eat what you are about to eat or are you eating it out of habit?
· Use all of your senses - What does the food feel like? How does it smell? What's the texture in your mouth, its amazing how much more we can enjoy our food when we truly check in with ours senses. You may even eat a little less.
· Slow down - Pay attention! Take time to chew and swallow between mouthfuls. Rest your fork or put down food in-between bites.
· Drink warm water - Drinking warm water first thing in the morning and before you eat has so many wonderful benefits. When it comes to dropping weight it will aid in boosting your metabolism.
· Listen to your body - Your body really does talk. Notice what it is telling and how its reacting to the food. STOP, when you feel satisfied, don't wait until you are overfull.
· It's OK to leave food - Many of us may have been programmed at a young age that children will starve if you don't eat all your food. How many children have been saved from overeating? Leaving a little bit of food at every meal shows how you are in control of the food you eat and not the food being in control of you